If like us you have had to tightened your belt take out pizza is no long an option but boy is it tasty! We all particularly like stuff crust, all that extra cheesiness is just too good to resist.
Well if you have a GREAT pizza dough recipe you can make your own for a fraction of the price and guess what I have for you, only a great pizza dough recipe and even better this dough freezes perfectly.
Perfect Pizza dough – makes 2 medium/ large pizza or 4 small.
1/2 cup warm water
2 1/4 tsp Yeast
4 cups or 20 oz of Plain flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano ( optional )
1 1/4 cup or room temperature water
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Measure the warm water into a jug. Sprinkle the yeast on top so it develops. When developed it will bubble, add the rest of the room temperature water.
2. In the bowl of your mixer add the flour, salt and herbs if you use them. Mix in the yeast mixture slowly and the olive oil. With the dough hook attached kneed on a low speed until smooth and elastic about 5- 10 minutes
3. Transfer to a lightly oiled bowl and cover with cling film , let it rise for 1 1/2 – 2 hours or until doubled.
4. When risen, transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide into two equal balls, form each piece into a smooth , round ball. If you wish to freeze wrap your dough in cling film and place in the freezer *
5. If baking straight away let the dough relax for 10 minutes, then roll out onto a pizza tray leaving a thicker edge all the way around.
* To defrost remove from the freezer in the morning and leave in an oiled bowl so it will relax ready to roll out.
For Stuff Crust
Roll out your dough and cut buffalo mozzarella into small strips – lay on the edge of the pizza and roll the dough in to cover the mozzarella.As show below.
To Cook the Pizza
We top our pizza with tomato paste mixed with garlic and herbs as a base. Then low fat buffalo mozzarella ( Aldi do a great one for 59c ) and low fat Cheddar cheese. Then whatever is in the fridge, so onions, mushroom, ham, chorizo sausage, cherry tomatoes, peppers, pineapple if you have some – go wild 🙂 Make it meaty or veggie depends on your tastes.
Place Pizza in hot oven (200 degrees C ) for 12- 15 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is bubbling.
FREE PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE
Domino’s eat your heart out – Cheap, cheerful and kids love making their own pizza so it is a great Friday night treat without breaking the bank.