As you know I love strawberry season and the strawberries just keep coming and the days have been getting warmer – I love it when we get a proper summer in Ireland. What better way to cool down in this gorgeous sunshine than with ice-cream and what nicer ice-cream than strawberry, which is my favourite.
And if you want to make it a truly decadent dessert add some Strawberry and Chocolate Fritters and your family will love you.
The How to Bit
- Chop up your strawberries.
- Whip up your double cream until it is in soft peaks then slowly add your evaporated milk and vanilla essence
- Add your sugar and 3/4 of your strawberries and whip until it turns light pink – if you want it pinker you could add food colouring but I was trying to keep it natural as possible.
- Finally stir in the remaining 1/4 of your strawberries and mix through so you have strawberry chucks through your ice-cream.
- Place in a freezer container and put in the freezer.
- After a couple of hours remove and mix again if you are worried about ice-crystals but this made a very smooth, creamy Ice-cream for me.
Strawberry and Chocolate Fritters
Chocolate chips of your choice – I used dark because I love it but others would work
Vegetable or sunflower oil to fry
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1tsp Vanilla essence
The How to Bit
- Hull your strawberries so you leave a a hole in the middle. I used a straw to hull mine.
- Fill the hole with your chocolate of choice.
- Heat a pan of Sunflower oil
- Roll the strawberries in the batter and drop them carefully into the hot oil frying until golden brown.
- Serve with ice-cream.
I hope you enjoy these they are a total indulgence on my part and under that list of “TREATS” 🙂 If you like feel free to pin.