Don’t you love it when an easy meal comes together ? I was stuck for dinner the other night, there I was staring in the fridge clueless and even worse, due to life being so up in the air, I had no meal planning done – Oh! The shame !! All we had were some chicken legs in the fridge and not and idea of what to do with them.
I had read a recipe for skillet chicken some where, the other week, but was at a loss to find it so decided to make up my own recipe with what I had in the house and garden. And I had quite a lot in the garden 🙂 I knew I should use my newly pulled garlic and chard and new potatoes and so new dinner was born.
Easy Skillet Garlic Chicken and Potatoes
- Chicken legs
- Olive Oil
- Onion ( I used Red)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- A handful of sliced new potatoes
- Salt and pepper to season
THE HOW TO
- Heat up your skillet with the Olive oil in and when hot place the Chicken legs in skin down and cook until golden.
- Add the Onions, garlic and potatoes and turn the chicken over.
- Cover the whole thing with a tight lid and cook for 40-45 minutes on a medium heat.
- Take the lid off – season with salt and pepper as required and when you remove the Chicken and Potatoes and Onions. Add some Chard or Spinach or Green Beans into the pan and toss lightly until cooked though.
This was a winner, the Chicken and Potatoes were done to perfection and the onions caramelise, the whole thing is divine 🙂