Welcome to What we Eat Wednesday and I have a sweet treat for you this week if you are not a chocolate lover turn away now because these muffins are chocoholic heaven.
Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
Ingredients Makes 12
- 6oz (180g) Self raising flour.
- 2oz (60g) Cocoa powder or Hot Chocolate mix works
- 6oz (180g) Caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- A large handful of milk chocolate chips
- For Icing – 3 tbsp of Chocolate spread and 2 tbsp icing sugar
The How to
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F and put muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.
- Sift in the flour and the cocoa powder and fold into the egg and sugar mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips slowly so not to knock to much air out. These are light and fluffy.
- Fill the Muffin Cases.
- Cook for 40 mins until cooked though.
- Leave to cool and then ice with chocolate spread icing.
Enjoy with a cup of tea or coffee with a friend 🙂