Got something to Celebrate ? Well this week my eldest daughter got into her second year of College, my youngest daughter went back to school and of course I have a new link party to enjoy, also I my peppers started to ripen which are all good reasons so celebrate and what better way that with the easiest chocolate fudge cake ?!
This recipe is easy and tastes divine you couldn’t ask for more.
Easy Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 175g Self raising flour
- 2 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate soda
- 150g Caster sugar
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) Sunflower oil
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) Semi skimmed milk
- 2 tbsp Golden syrup
For the Coating and filling
- 75g Unsalted butter
- 175g Icing Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Drop of Milk
The How to Bit
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC/350F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a cake tin – you can use two sandwich tins.
- Sieve the flour, Cocoa and Bicarbonate of Soda into a bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre and add the syrup, eggs, oil and milk. Beat well with electric whisk until smooth. So basically you add all the dry to the wet – simples
- Spoon the mixture into the two tins and bake for 25 – 30 minutes until risen and firm to the touch. Remove from oven, leave to cool before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- To make your butter icing, place the butter in a bowl and beat until soft. Gradually sift and beat in the icing sugar and cocoa powder then add enough milk to make the icing fluffy and spreadable.
Or cheat big time and use Chocolate spread 🙂