Welcome again to what we eat Wednesday, it is a beautiful day in Cavan today and I am sharing an easy to throw together pasta dish which is tasty and full of veggie which I pulled from my own garden but you can also get in the local shop.
Chorizo and Garden Vegetable Pasta – feeds 4 or 2 and 1 incredible hungry teenager
- Chorizo – Sliced or chopped
- Half an Onion – chopped
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- A handful of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Courgettes chopped
- And Pasta of your choice
- Olive oil
- Fresh Chopped Oregano – Optional
The How to Bit
- Start cooking your pasta in a separate pot as you normally would – cook enough for 4.
- Add a drop of olive oil into a skillet and add your chopped onions and cook until golden.
- Add garlic and the chorizo into the onions and cook on a medium heat to release the oils in the chorizo. Add in the chopped courgettes and chopped cherry tomatoes and mushrooms and stir until all are cooked though.
- Add chopped oregano and stir though to taste.
- Once cooked, drain the pasta.
Add the chorizo and vegetables to the pasta and stir well and serve with grated parmesan.