I did try to make it low fat I promise but with triple chocolate you kind of have to accept this is one luscious treat. But boy is it divine.
Triple Chocolate Cheesecake
- One packet of Oreo’s or similar
- 2oz unsalted butter
- One tub of lower fat mascarpone
- One tube of low fat soft cheese
- 6oz Icing Sugar
- One bag of white chocolate chips or buttons
- One bag of milk chocolate chips or a bar of milk chocolate
- And if you really want to make it chocolatey 1/2 bag of dark chocolate chips.
- (Keep some chips to decorate )
The How to Bit
- Using about 7oz of the Oreo’s, place them in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin until in crumbs.
- Melt the butter and add the crumbs and mix – now if you want you can melt dark chocolate chips and mix instead of the butter. Line the bottom of a 23cm/9in springform or loose-bottomed tin. Chill in the refrigerator while you make the topping.
- In a large mixing bowl mix the soft cheese and mascarpone until light and fluffy and gradually add the icing sugar and blend.
- Separate the cheesecake mixture half and place into two bowls.
- Melt the chocolates separately and add white chocolate to one bowl and milk chocolate to the other bowl.
- Spread the chocolate cheesecake mixes over the now chilled base ,you can do this however you want, I was trying for swirls I am sure you could make your cheesecake is neater as I am no Mary Berry.
- Chill in the fridge for 4 hours or so and decorate with leftover chocolate.
It was heavenly according to the teenagers in my house and I have to agree it was a small slice of chocolatey heaven.