I haven’t offered anything crafty in a while because I am working on my crochet blanket most nights and I am loving how it is coming together but I felt you were being a little short-changed, so I put my thinking cap on and an idea struck me when I realise that much as I love my Summer Hot air balloon bag it wasn’t really suitable for the change of season. So I picked up another linen bag at Aldi for 79c ( yes that is all folks ) and set to work.
- 1 linen shopping bag
- Brown felt
- brown wool or thread
- 3 ribbons of your choosing
- needle and thread
- Leaf Template – Link here
The How to Bit
- Print out your template place it on your felt and pin it and cut out 3 leaves
2. Measure your ribbons to size and cut and pin to the bag with the leaves where you would like them to be.
3. To sew the leaves on I used brown wool for a chunky effect and chain stitch – you can attach them with iron-on binding if you prefer.
4. Using a needle and thread sew on your ribbons.
Quick and easy update of your plain bag for Autumn/Fall I plan on making one for every season now.
Hope you like it and please link up if you want to follow me on Facebook or Pinterest it is great to meet new people 🙂