I had spotted a cookie making kit in my local supermarket but when I finally went to buy them they were all gone so I decided to make my own version – but hey if you are lucky you can pick up a Snowman Cookie set in your local Supervalu and save time if not, follow my instructions below.
- 300g butter, softened
- 140g golden caster sugar
- 300g plain flour
- 140g cornflour
- Vanilla essence
- 200g white chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- mini M and M’s for buttons
- Writing icing ( optional )
The How to Bit
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Place the butter, vanilla and sugar in a food processor and whizz until smooth.
- Tip in both the flours and mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Cover the dough with cling film and place in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll the dough to about 5 mm thick and either using a cutter or cut out using the downloadable template.
- Place on a non-stick cookie tray and bake for 15- 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Leave cookies to cool on a wire rack and melt white chocolate in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- With the white chocolate spoon over the snowman covering everything but the hat area. Before the coating cools add the M and M buttons. Let cool.
- Melt the brown chocolate and dip the hat into the choclate to cover . Using the milk chocolate and a toothpick or small piping bag or writing icing decorate your snowman or snowwoman