I love a good soup and I love it even more if I through something together and it turns out great and this soup is just that – so today I am sharing my Chicken and Mediterranean Vegetable Soup .
This soup is great for making on a Monday if you have had a Roast chicken the day before.
- 1 pint of chicken stock – I pre-made mine with a leftover roast chicken on Sunday but you can use cubes.
- Left over Chicken – shredded
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 cup of Passata
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Chopped Courgettes, cherry tomatoes, and Aubergine – I used a mixed bag of frozen veg from Supervalu for €2.00
- I aslo threw in chopped up left over roast potatoes to thicken it up ( optional )
THE HOW TO BIT
- In a pot sweat the onion and the garlic in a little Olive oil.
- Add the Mediterranean Veg and stir until softened.
- Add in the Chicken, Chicken stock, Passata and potatoes and bring to the boil.
- Turn down and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
To bulk this up you could add in some wholewheat pasta and,of course,serve with crusty bread.