When I was stuck in hospital I needed things to keep my mind off being ill and along with the puzzle book, magazines and books that were brought in, my daughter brought in a crochet needle ( 4mm) and some small balls of wool just in case. I had no clue what to do with them but I remember a hexagon pattern I had worked on and just started making small hexagons and adding flowers to them and a project was started.
It got me thinking what little projects could you bring with you if you were away or travelling or stuck in a hospital bed for a few weeks and Small Portal Projects for Holiday Time was born.
1. Hexagons – I started this blanket last year and these little hexagons are great as the make up in no time and you only need scraps to make them. The link is HERE
2. Granny Squares.
I love making these and taught my daughter how to crochet using them. Lucy over at Attic 24 has some gorgeous examples and I am a huge fan of hers -check out her Summer Garden Granny Squares
3. These adorable Granny Hearts from Daisy Cottage Designs would be so cute and I love to make some bunting with them.
4. Skip to my Lou has these great Easy rose patterns Which you could add to projects or put on a head band or hair clips.
5. I also love a lot of the projects over at One Dog Woof and these Flower Coasters are a perfect small project to work on.
6. We are big fans of owls in this house and this pattern by Love the Blue Bird is just the cutest thing I will be definitely whipping up some of these.
7. And last but not least these little Granny Square Pin cushions from Lulu Loves are so darn cute and would be a great small project.
Link up in the comments if you have any small projects you would like to share and don’t forget to give these talented ladies some love if you visit them.