You know those weekends when surprise guests turn up and you are stuck for ideas, well that happened this weekend to me. Meal Planning hadn’t accounted for that !!
And thanks to Aldi having a special offer on Chinese chicken pieces and a meal was born.
EASY CHINESE CHICKEN with Five spice stir-fry and wholemeal noodles chow mein style.
- Chinese Chicken legs from Aldi – Link here ( there until Wednesday the 22nd July)
- Frozen stir fry Asian Vegetables ( so handy and cheap – I always have a bag in the freezer)
- Wholemeal noodles
- Garlic 2 cloves crushed
- small piece of ginger chopped fine
- 2tsp Five Spice
- Sesame oil.
- 4 tsps dark soy sauce
- 4 tblsps light soy sauce
- 4 tblsps oyster sauce ( or hoisin )
- 1 tblsp cornflour
- 2sps brown sugar
THE HOW TO BIT
- But the chicken legs in the oven and cook as instructed, told you this was easy.
- Heat up a wok with sesame oil in it and add the garlic and the garlic and the frozen veg, add in the five spice as you stir.
- Cook the noodles in a pot and drain and set to one side.
- To make the chow mein sauce – put the soy sauce, light soy, oyster sauce, cornflower and sugar into a pot and cook until thickened then add in the noodles and coat thoroughly just before serving.
You can add the veg to the noodles – mine prefer them separate.
Want to make this a Chinese style banquet – serve with spring rolls for starters and Pineapple Fritters in Syrup with ice-cream for dessert and your guests will love you for it and think you are a star.