EASY CINNAMON ROLLS
As promised, here is my Easy Cinnamon Roll recipe – it may look complicated but honestly these are so simple and if you make them the night before you can throw them in the oven in the morning to make a lovely breakfast or brunch
For the dough :
- 250g (9oz)plain flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 1tsp easy bake yeast
- 25g (1oz) butter, diced
- 100-120ml (3-4 fl oz) warmed milk
- 1 egg, beaten
For the filling :
- 125g (4½ oz) mixed currants, sultanas and raisins
- 50g (2oz) unrefined light brown sugar
- 3tsp Cinnamon
- 15g (½ oz) butter
- Icing sugar to glaze
The how to bit :
- Grease an 18cm/7″ square shallow cake tin. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and yeast into a large bowl. Rub in 25g (1oz) butter
- In a bowl, mix together the milk and egg. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and stir in the liquid. Bring the mixture together with a round bladed knife and knead for 10 mins on a lightly floured surface until the dough is smooth and elastic. If the mixture is sticky add a little more flour.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to a 30 x 23cm/12 x 9-inch rectangle.
- Prepare the filling: mix the dried fruit with the soft light brown sugar. Melt the remaining butter and brush over the surface of the dough. Sprinkle the cinnamon and then scatter the fruit mixture over the buttered dough, leaving a 2.5cm/1 inch border around the edge of the dough.
- Starting at the long side of the dough, roll it up like a Swiss roll. Pinch the edges together to seal and then cut into 12 slices.
- Place the rolls cut edges uppermost in the tin. Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise for 1 hr or until doubled in size or even prepare them the night before if you prefer.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF, gas mark 5). Bake for 30 mins or until risen and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack. Then smother with icing ! Serve with fresh coffee and lashing of tea.
The Printable Recipe is HERE
If you like this recipe feel free to share it and you can find more recipes HERE