I really do get asked about my fridge a lot – why did I organise it ? How did I organise it with no money and why do I label things ? I hope to answer some of those questions for you today with
Tips for Organising your fridge on a tiny budget
I love an organised space and I adore some of the spaces I see on Pinterest but I am, like most people, on a tiny budget. That means I can’t spend £11.99 ( it ended up at 21 euros ) on gorgeous fridge storage like this from Amazon even if I wanted too.
So what do you do if you want to Organise your Fridge on a tiny Budget here are my tips
1. Search your local Euro, Pound, Dollar, Yen store for storage.I found these cute little baskets in my local hardware shop 3 euros for 5 of them and I brought lots of them in green and blue – I have used them all over my Kitchen. They are cleanable in the dishwasher which is a bonus.
2. If you are willing to wait awhile for things to arrive you can find bargains on Ali Express ( no I am not paid to say this )
I found these cute little Storage draws for a couple of euros,as long as you are willing to wait a month or two to get them, they are handy for snacks.
3. Label Fridge Storage – trust me on this one.
I label things because I live with teenagers,they wouldn’t know where something was if you put it in front of them ! And would put it back wherever they could if I didn’t have a dedicated space for them. This advice goes for a lot of men and kids – if people can find things they are more willing to make their own snacks and sandwiches too.
4. Have a sandwich making centre – I have this box I picked up from Aldi when it was in the shop it wasn’t expensive,it’s BPA free and holds all my sandwich making things – like cheese, cold meats, spreads. If I am making lunches I just grab out this box and some bread and I have the basis for some easy sandwiches or wraps.
5.Store your leftovers in clear plastic takeout containers , you can usually pick up a pack of 5 for a euro place them on the shelf that is eye-line when you open the fridge and then more people are likely to eat them.
6. Take a Freezer inventory and place it on your Fridge that way you always know what is in your freezer section I have designed a free printable Freezer inventory for you – just print it off and take 10 minutes and log everything in your freezer – it make meal planning a dream and you always know what you need to pick up in the shop. DOWNLOAD HERE
and it is free.
I will leave you with a video of my fridge – no giggling at my videoing skills people ! Okay you can laugh a little but I promise to get better so follow me on on Facebook
for more videos and post on getting Organised and if you are looking for more Organisational post click HERE
Have a wonderful weekend and hopefully you liked this post.