Well, I suppose I should share a little about the woman behind the Snapshot and Snippets. My name is Amber-Jane and I am a Part Time Working Mum to two girls who are now nearly grown into women.
I am the keeper to the large number of animals that frequent our small home, mainly because of my total inability to say NO to two pairs of pleading eyes when they are in front of me.
At current count we have 4 Chickens Doris, Gertie, Tikka and Fajita, 3 cats – Meg, Mixie and Jinx, 2 dogs Mishka and Skoda and a Rabbit – Cookie ! It is like a small zoo !
I love to cook, I love to have things organised in face my kids would say I am crazy about it , I love to craft and I love to potter in the garden and grow my own organic vegetables.
- I came to Ireland the long way around. I was born in Australia in the 70’s to an Irish Mum and an English Dad, yes that little munchkin is me a couple of hours old.
- My Family moved to England in the 80’s and then Ireland at the turn of the 90’s, lets just say we got around.
- I have the weirdest accent ever heard, which has changed very time we moved and it also very much depends who I talk to on the phone – my Nan in Manchester apparently sends my accent right back to pure Mancunian.
- I have worked for a Knitwear Designer, in a Stained Glass studio, as a Designer for Creativity Life Magazine, as a Scrapbook Teacher and an Art Teacher. I currently work in a PR company.
- I love Italian food and Indian food- heck I like food but I work on staying healthy and have lost three stone in the past year through eating less and moving more. So a lot of my recipes will be the ” healthy as possible” version. I cook a lot from scratch and love to bake every week.
- I only drink green tea these days – no coffee for me.
- We are living on a tight budget, like lots of people in Ireland, so I make every cent count. Frugal is my middle name and if I can make something or grow something myself I will.
- I come from a large, quite loveable, mad family too which I will endeavour not to embarrass too much on here. Not promising anything though 🙂
- Oh and I am mildly dyslexic – have been since I was little so if my grammar is a bit off or there is a word I have missed forgive me I do try and proof read as much as possible but I know I miss things occasionally.
So that’s me kind of in a nutshell
Hope you enjoy the Blog 🙂 Amber xxx
Grab my button – Here
You can contact me here – firstname.lastname@example.org
Places I have been Featured
My website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about. Our editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Like many other Web sites, http://www.snapshotandsnippets.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol ( IP ) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider ( ISP ), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track users movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
.:: Google’s use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to your users based on their visit to http://www.snapshotandsnippets.com and other sites on the Internet.
http://www.snapshotandsnippets.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.